Saturday, January 08, 2005

the terrible translation



Taking Snicket for his weekly swimming lesson should be more fun than it is. It's basically half an hour of going 'Bend. Round, Together' and being completely ignored. He only gets energised when we all get to do Dingle Dangle Scarecrow and then he can jump in a few times. Anyway, at least the journey to the pool was quite exciting as we swerved in and out of fallen trees which had been unable to cope with last night's storm.

Tomorrow I'm taking Alley to see the Lemony Snicket film. This is just the sort of Jim Carrey garbage I try to avoid (The Grinch... oh... my... God..). However, having read all of the Series Of Unfortunate Events books to Alley over the years I feel it's my duty to endure the disappointment of a failed translation onto the silver screen.

BTW, I normally avoid reality shows but am finding Bez far too addictive on Celebrity Big Brother. Car crash TV.