Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I'VE BEEN TO A MARVELLOUS PARTY

I was designated driver on account of my ears, which always makes for an interesting bash. 

 

Things started out well enough as the bizarre combo of Yorkshire Life horsey set and Huddersfield's gay party boys tried to gel.  It sort of worked for a while until the shirts came off, the poppers came out and the dancing started.  That was just the horsey set.  Never had them down as Gina G fans, but you live and learn.

 

I managed from 8pm until 11.30, by which time Mrs Backroads and our next door neighbours The Ginnells had torn a hole in the space-time continuum.  I said I'm going home for a brew... back in an hour.  They said OK.  By the time I got back only Mrs B remained... I found her sandwiched between a farrier and a topless bear.  The Ginnells had had a fight and set off walking.  We found them eventually and it took some coaxing to get them into the bus.

 

Nearly hit a badger on the way home.