Tuesday, October 18, 2005

HAVE A LITTLE FAITH IN ME

I love Strictly Come Dancing me. Thank goodness the start of the new series coincided with the week when X Factor goes live and crap. No Jill Halfpenny (grrr) this series much to my dismay but Colin Jackson looks quite fit and even that Dumberella Zoe Ball was adequate.

Shhh, now, don’t tell anyone, but I’m taking Mrs Backroads to NYC for her birthday and need ideas. Scouring all of the guidebooks and websites has proved fruitless… there doesn’t seem to be a lot to do in such a sleepy town and I’m beginning to wish I was taking her somewhere fancy like Colwyn Bay. All I’ve been able to come up with is a Bruce Springsteen hometown gig across the river which clashes with Guided By Voices’ Robert Pollard signing someone else’s book at a Barnes & Noble down in Chelsea. I’m sure Mrs B will think they’re both pretty darn romantic options, but just in case she doesn’t, have you got any ideas?