Tuesday, September 06, 2005

stuck inside with a mobile with the texting blues again



Going barmy today. Stuck in bed with man flu. Only my phone for company… company which is not too bad actually in that it plays tunes, lets me play games (Su Doku loopy nuts are we), take pictures of my gonads and send texts to my many many buddies. None of whom seem to want to play with me for some odd reason. I’m sure they are just in meetings with their phones switched off. Yes, that’ll be it.

When I was small I had a book which contained lots of ideas about how to keep yourself entertained whilst in bed with the plague. Unfortunately, I can only remember the method of folding and knotting a pocket handkerchief into the shape of a mouse. Dull. Think I might have a quick shuffle on my pink iPod instead… let’s see now…definitely The Strokes… a little Squeeze … oh… some Cream… Sticky Fingers is a good album too…

“Nurse. The Screens!”

Mrs Backroads has agreed to wear that latex nursy outfit I bought her for Christmas today. Y’know, a bit like the one that dobber from Huddersfield wore into the Big Brother house.

I think I’m delirious. “Nurse, More absinthe!”