Thursday, July 07, 2005

endless nameless



Couldn’t be bothered hitting the road at the usual ungodly hour this morning, so took in a little quality time with the Backroads Junior Allstars over breakfast, before reaching the conclusion that chaos on the M6 ain’t so bad after all. By the time I eventually got on the road, news of the explosions in London were beginning to interrupt Popmaster on Ken Bruce (I mentioned my mid-life crisis didn’t I?) just when I was racking up a fairly decent score. Oddly I was on the same stretch of road when 9/11 happened, phoning up colleagues to fire the web up and get the news. Anyhow, breaking news of this sort is always kind of spooky to listen to, but I’m a big fan of ‘rolling bollocks’ so I ditched Radio 2 (I know) and headed over to FiveLive to listen to loads of people saying ‘it’s too early to speculate but…’ before reeling off a whole load of semi-informed suspicion about who did what. After a while I flipped Coldplay on to cheer me up. No effect.

By the time I got to work someone had whacked Sky News on in Reception and people were huddling around listen to people saying ‘it’s too early to speculate but…’ before reeling off a whole load of semi-informed suspicion about who did what.. Interesting stuff.

I wandered past to my desk. Fired up the old difference engine and went on to BBC news to read some people saying ‘it’s too early to speculate but…’ before reeling off a whole load of semi-informed suspicion about who did what. Mmm.

I have absolutely no point to make here, but if I did, I’d be writing columns for the Sunday Times rather than saving this crap onto a memory stick to upload when I get home so as to avoid logging into Blogger whilst at work.

Until next time.