Thursday, October 20, 2005

SHOCKED BY THE POWER

Ah! It’s good to be back in the saddle again. I think that when I do retire from blogging I’ll continue commenting on other people’s. It’s as much, if not more, fun.

By now comatose readers will know that I tend to listen to the radio on my long slog to work each day. I flick between Radio’s 4 and 5 and on occasion even Wogan who has a good line in new country singles, plus Fran Godfrey has a sexy giggle but looks at bit of a biffer when you look at her picture on the Radio 2 website (don’t lets get started on Radio 5’s Helen Blaby).

Today was different… being organised like I downloaded the new Boards of Canada record from iTunes last night. This morning I burned a CD and woo hoo, there I was drifting worry-free across the M62 in somnambulent bliss. Trouble is, the journey’s much longer than the longest of CDs so Steely Dan’s most recent effort (everything must go) kicked in and, hey, my good mood seemed to build as I concentrated on their seemingly innocuous but simultaneously bizarre and subversive brand of sci-fi faux-jazz. It’s a shame, but I got to work eventually.